Vintage

Major Grape

ABV

Bottle Size

Producer

Type

SKU

Closure

2015x

Shiraz/Syrahx

14%x

75x

M Chapoutierx

Redx

1425x

Not Specifiedx

Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne 2015, M Chapoutier

France / Rhone

Andy's Tasting Notes

Spectacularly good in this, the magnificent 2015 vintage (possibly the best ever vintage for this wine in modern times?).  Everything you could want from this famous name – power, finesse, freshness and balance.  Superb.

Production notes – Hand-harvested from a blend of different soils from west to east  –  les Bessards, le Meal and les Greffieux. 18 months ageing, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.

95pts Robert Parker
When a so-called entry-level wine performs at this level, you know that producer has had a stupendous year. The 2015 Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne is full-bodied, rich and concentrated, with loads of cassis fruit and masses of ripe tannin. To top it off, some meaty, savory notes creep in on the long finish, imparting some intriguing complexity.

One of the oldest companies in the Rhône Valley, driven by Michel Chapoutier – the biodynamic pioneer of the region.

The name, “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from the name of an important Tain l’Hermitage family. This family also owned the “La Sizeranne” vineyard, and Maurice Monier de la Sizeranne was the man responsible for creating a version of Braille (one of the reasons why Chaptouier has braille on its bottle labels). The bottle label displays a lion, which is the Sizeranne family crest.

Price per bottle £58.50

39 in stock

Producer Info

Food matchVenison

VegetarianVeganOrganic

Awards & Critic Reviews

Cellar Selected is a trading arm of Halifax Wine Company Ltd

Company Number 09560732, VAT Registration 772 343527

Registered Office – Equitable House, 55 Pellon Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, HX1 5SP

All search results
0